Again, Twitter gives you the second by second breaking-news, pictures and videos about the tsunami in the Pacific.
People on site reporting while the traditional media tries to catch the news without reliable sources.
Updating this post all the time, these are the latest twitter news from the area (right now around 400 tweets every 20 seconds):
• US Navy sends 8 ships out from Pearl Harbor in advance of Tsunami. Safer at sea. Evacuation sirens sounding.
• Tsunami waves are expected to arrive: Big Island at 11:05AM, Maui at 11:26AM, Oahu 11:37AM and Kauai 11:42AM, according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
• Hawaiians wake to sirens as Tsunami approaches. Scramble for supplies. Due to arrive about 4PM
• Here some Hawaii surfing cameras will show you the tsunami live.
• California under tsunami advisory.
• Here tsunami live TV coverage.
• Hawaii tsunami forecasts: Hilo 11:05 a.m. local, 6.9 to 8.2 feet; Honolulu 11:37a.m., 1.6 to 2.3 feet; Kahului 11:26 a.m., 3.6 to 10 feet.
• Cabo San Lucas reported a 1.2FT tsunami, or 36 cms. Nothing big.
• People in Hawaii please take this tsunami thing seriously. 7 1/2 foot wave projections is no joke. Get to high ground.
• The current estimate for Hilo first tsunami surges is 7 feet – these are not regular waves. VERY powerful & fast going deep inland.
• Tsunami alert for New Zealand after massive Chile quake.
• Tsunamis are not breaking waves. 75% of tsunamis do not break. If you see a tsunami on the beach, it’s too late to run”.
• Here live Hawaii tsunami, facing kaimu black sand beach.
• Hawaii is 20 minutes away from a Tsunami Wave hitting them.
• “Hawaii w/estimated tsunami arrival time at 11:05 local time today. It is a Warning, not an Advisory”
• A tsunami is not a storm so there’s no “calm” in terms of weather, but the white sound of traffic is gone. Weird.
• Little more than 10 minutes for forecast arrival of tsunami to Hilo.
• Tsunami Waves HIt Huatulco Mexico.
• Watching CNN. Unbelievably surreal situation, watching and waiting for the tsunami to hit Hawaii.
real-time twitterfall about the Tsunami.
• The sirens continue to blare in the background – warning people here on Maui to get moving now with 20 minutes to go.
• We are within five minutes of the predicted arrival of the tsunami in Hawaii.
• Watch here the Hawaii tsunami from a private camera.
• Hawaiian Newscaster: “a tsunami can travel as fast as a commercial jet plane.”
less than 20 seconds ago from web.
• Please say a quick prayer for Hawaii. they are expecting the first wave of a Tsunami in minutes.
• Surfers in the water as a tsunami approaches… Idiotic.
• Tsunami waves hit French Polynesia after Chile quake.
• Warning for Brisbane, wave will hit 9am.
• It’s amazing how well Skype and webcams are working.
• Tsunami is coming….water line is reseeding as it building up. Surfers don’t realize they are gonna be sucked out to the ocean.
• Weird day we live in. Sitting here watching TV as a tsunami is about to hit Hawaii.